Thursday, May 23, 2013

Psalm 104

My morning devotions was Psalm 104.  From beginning to end, it's full of Praise to the Creator of all things.  It shows the power of God, all He has created and the recognition of all God has done and continues to do. 

Verses 14-15 jumped out at me the most, "You cause the grass to grow for the livestock and plants for man to cultivate, that he may bring forth food from the earth and wine to gladden the heart of man, oil to make his face shine and bread to strengthen man's heart."  Nothing is ours on our own.  All we have is a gift from God, no matter how hard we work for it or what we do...it's still a gift.

"Every good gift given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadows." James 1:14

I've learned this truth early on in my life but it's always good to be reminded that God is still an active part of our lives. 

"I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being.  May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the LORD." vs 33-34

"Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, you are very great!" vs 1a

2 comments:

Julia said...

Love those verses! Always a good reminder, it all comes from Him!! That's why I love having a blessing book..."All I have needed Thy hand has provided. Great is Thy Faithfulness...

Ruth Fraser Davis said...

Beautifully stated and showing again what 'a comfortable word' the familiar, known truths are.