Monday, June 24, 2013

Yellow Cake and Buttercream Frosting

Remember a few posts back when I mentioned finding a recipe for yellow cake - one that promised you would never need a box mix again. Well, I made it for my birthday. Yes, you read that right; when you're a mother of small children you have to orchestrate your own birthday. But no complaints, I had two lovely and very enthusiastic helpers (or taste testers, rather). Any-hoo, I made the cake and I think I agree that it's pretty great. My sister, who doesn't like cake, had a piece, devoured it and said she loved it. A box mix really is lighter but this recipe it the best I've tried to date. Here's the link for the recipe: http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/only-yellow-cake-recipe-youll-ever-135900849.html And here's a Bonus... A tried and true Vanilla Buttercream Frosting curtesy of Clueless in the Kitchen by Evelyn Raab. In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together: 1 cup butter, softened 1 tsp vanilla 3 cups powdered sugar 2 tbsp milk Enjoy!!

No comments: