Sunday, July 14, 2013

Another Brag Blog



Little Man, the first born, is my blessing baby.  I call him this because, as Hannah in the Bible, I found myself with a full heart of desire and longing for a child and yet "barren".  However, God graciously saw fit to give my Hubby and I our Little Man. 


Little Man is all boy, loving all things dirty, buggy, loud and boyish.  He loves to climb trees, dig holes, read books, and play with his dinosaurs and cars.  He finds great pleasure in becoming a cowboy or a pirate with a peg leg or a superhero.


With his amazing memory he can spout off Bible verses, quote whole movies and sing any number of songs.  My brilliant lad will be five this fall and will be doing first grade work as well as continuing to deepen his level of reading.



As you can see, Little Man is ALL Boy and yet he has always had a very sweet and sensitive side.  Even as a wee lad he would be moved to tears by a melancholy tune and still loves to cuddle up close to myself or his daddy.  Recently, he's shown a real interest in classical music.  His favorite so far is Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor, OP. 67: 1st movement.


At present, Little Man's favorite pastime is to draw.  From the moment he wakes up he begins to color or draw and one of the last things he does before bed is to draw a picture.  We buy inexpensive computer paper and he is supposed to draw on both sides.  For a 4 1/2 year old he is quite advanced in his drawing skills.


As you can imagine, there is so much more to this little guy than has been expressed here.  I'm so proud of the Little Man that he is and is growing up to be.

4 comments:

pymgirl said...

footprints...:)

Julia said...

I love how he makes me stay young!

Ruth Fraser Davis said...

He is an incredible Wee Man. How dearly he is loved.

How grateful I am for his mommy and daddy who love, guide, teach and provide.

It is so exciting to think of what sort of man he will become. He is the composite of all the good and gracious of the men in his world.

Blessed is a word that springs to mind! :)

Unknown said...

I love that he loves Beethoven! He is such a fun little man. And he has a special place in my heart since he was the one who made me Aunt Mimi! :)