
Life can throw us some pretty nasty curves and bitter disappointments. It's hard to want to remain strong and steadfast when your heart is so broken you think it's past mending....again. Sometimes, like Hannah in the Bible, we must prostrate ourselves before our Heavenly Father and pour out our hearts to Him. We may look pitiful and drunk in the eyes of the world but to our compassionate God, who stores all our tears in a bottle, it's a beautiful sight. Our need for Him is daily and even more so during our troubles. He already knows our anguish but takes delight in comforting His little lambs who take refuge in His mighty, yet oh so gentle arms.
Sometimes we go through these times of hurt and frustration (you name it) so we will draw nearer to Christ. He longs to renew your spirit just as much, if not more so, than we yearn for that refreshing peace to lift us up and help us to carry on. However, it is up to us to do the requesting.
"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10; this verse has ever been a blessed reminder to me of my need to just relax and let God be God. He is Sovereign and has never failed me. I know He has a plan; I just need to be willing to let Him work His plan in my life - whatever, whenever, however.
As I learn and am reminded each day to rely more and more on our Precious Savior, I pray that you too will willingly give your every care and worry over to our amazing and ever capable God.
3 comments:
I'm glad you wrote that...
Caitlin
Thanks for sharing your thoughtful words, and reminding us of God's sovereignty.
I know it's kind of past the point of being able to give any encouragement that helps. But "Be Still and know that I Am God" is a indescribably powerfully verse. He knows what He's doing. His timing is perfect. Rest in that, annd be blessed.
I love you.
Post a Comment