Sunday, March 2, 2008

Oh the Possibilities!!

As I live and grow in Christ, I'm always amazed at His way of working. It's never what you expect but it's always perfect and simply amazing. I just received an email from a friend containing the fictional story of a man who was shipwrecked on a deserted island. He built a hut only to have it burn down soon after. Frustrated and thinking this was the worst thing to have happened to him, he crys out to God asking Him why. Hours later, however, a boat shows up to rescue him. "How did you know I was here," the man asks, surprised. "We saw your smoke signal," came the reply. How often have we felt stranded and couldn't understand why our hut was on fire, and yet come to find out that it was really God's Grace.
I'm so blessed to be a daughter of the King. I love to watch Him work, even when at times I only see the burning hut and not the Grace. Our God is so unpredictable and is so very creative. I am excited to see what He has instore!
I wonder what He's going to do next.........

2 comments:

Ruth Fraser Davis said...

Beautifully insightful and so very
wise.

Thanks for blessing my day!

Caitlin said...

What a bright spot your blog
is. Thanks for writing what
you did today.

Caitlin