Sunday, May 12, 2013

Blessed

"Her children rise up and call her blessed;"  Proverbs 31:28a

As I sit here this Mother's day and ponder, I smile and I think on my mother who raised me in the Lord.  She's a remarkable woman who has journeyed down life's bumpy path with a servant's heart.  My mother is a gracious hostess and a lover of all things beautiful.  She has a free and creative spirit.  She's a lover and searcher of the depths of Christ.  

During her most difficult days, I've watched her struggle yet never did she veer from the straight and narrow.  Despite the obstacles and the crush of the moment she has displayed a humble joy in her Savior, a simple faith that God is always Sovereign and reigns supremely with justice and peace from His throne.  I've learned to trust completely in my God because of the witness of my mother.  Mother's are a powerful influence on their children and I'm blessed to have such a strong mother who's life I can imitate.

Mama, you are "far more precious than jewels" and you have "looked well to the ways of [your] household".  Even with your girls grown, married and mom's now too, you are still a strength for our family - the matriarch where we each still find open arms, gentle wisdom and a ready lap.

Thank you for your commitment to God and to your family.  I truly hope and pray that I can be the kind of mom to my children that you have been to me and my sisters.  You have set the standard high.  

2 comments:

pymgirl said...

footprints...

Julia said...

There is no greater joy, save Jesus, than you girls in my life.

I love you!