Friday, May 17, 2013

Breakthrough

I've been potty training Autumn Joy for about a month now.  She's doing a great job - as long as I keep up on taking her to the bathroom.  Just a few minutes ago, however, she announced to me that she had to go potty.  I said, "OK, let's go to the bathroom."  She then yelled (with arms outstretched), "No, I want to do it myself."  She ran to the bathroom and I followed her - at a respectful distance, of course.  Just inside the bathroom, she pulled her pants down and waddled over to the potty chair.  She did everything by herself.  She was so proud of herself.  As I was cleaning the potty chair (too bad she can't do that by herself!) I heard her telling Little Man about her great accomplishment. 

A beautiful breakthrough!  You've got to take them when you get them.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Yay!!!!

Ruth Fraser Davis said...

Lovin' this! A Mommy's mileposts are nothing to scoff at! Well done, both of you.